S&N Coconut Sugar is a premium natural sweetener. It is made from the sap of organic coconut palms, by tapping the sweet nectar from the coconut flowers and heating and condensing the liquid into crystal form.The subtly sweet taste of Coconut Sugar is similar to brown sugar with a hint of caramel. Unrefined and unprocessed, it is considered to be healthier than other refined and chemical sweetener options.
Is Coconut Sugar Good for You?
Brown sugar has a lower glycemic index than white sugar but its sucrose levels are only slightly better. The inulin it contains may help gut health and immunity. But the potential harmful effects of excessive sugar intake, including greater risk of weight gain, metabolic disorders, and cardiovascular disease, still remain. The levels of minerals and vitamins don't warrant heavy consumption either. But if you're looking for a delicious change from white sugar – and one that is more natural, this could be your go-to sweetener. Just keep your intake in check.
- Coconut sugar offers an alternative to white sugar and cane sugar but is mainly sucrose
- Coconut sugar contains some nutrients but not enough
- Inulin in it helps boosts immunity and gut health
- Has a lower glycemic index than sugar
- Antidiabetic potential of coconut sugar not firmly established
- Calories similar to other sugars so treat it like any other sugar